Let’s get to the bottom of this and understand why more and more people are talking about aligning your chakras.
First of all, for those of you who are new to this topic…
What are Chakras?
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means wheel or disk. This word is literally translated from Hindi which means “Wheel of spinning energy”. So, chakras are wheels (or centers) of energies in our bodies in which energy flows through and aids in balancing ourselves.
“You must bring balance to yourself before you can bring balance to the world.” ~From Avatar: The Last Air Bender
Since you cannot “see” your chakras, think of them as rechargeable batteries. They can be charged and recharges via cosmic energy in the atmosphere. These chakras are like a powerhouse of energies for the body. However, you cannot be balanced if your chakra alignment is off. Meaning, one or more of your chakras are closed.
All 7 of your chakras need to be open in order for that to happen. Blocked energy in any or all of these chakras can lead to illnesses within ourselves. Whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually. It is important to keep your energy flowing freely.
So with that being said, moving on…
From a psychological and emotional stand point, these 7 chakras are broken down into basic understandings of how to approach each chakras. People can go all day long telling you the “WHAT” and skip the “HOW” and “WHY” of things. Once you get an understanding of the 7 chakras (there are actually more but we are only focusing on the 7 major chakras) then you can take necessary actions to ensure you are aligned with your chakras.
So let’s get started…
First Chakra: Root Chakra (Red)
- Located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area. It deals with earthly grounding and physical survival and is blocked by fear, instability, low self-esteem, low energy.
- What are your fears? Understand that your fears (false evidence appearing real) are not real, it is merely an emotion caused by a belief of something or someone who makes you feel pain or threatened.
- Become aware of your fears and ask yourself WHY are you afraid of it?
- Then let your fears flow down the creek…away from your mind.
- Staying Grounded is the key to this chakra.
Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra (Orange)
- Located a couple of inches below the navel. It deals with emotions and is blocked by guilt, obsessive behaviors and emotional problems.
- Think of all the guilt that is built within yourself. What do you blame yourself for?
- Understand that guilt is not shame. Guilt means you did something that could/have affected someone or something else in an unpleasant way.
- Now accept the reality that things happen and sometimes we make mistakes. Whether you have control over them or not. Do not let guilt harness your energy and cloud your mind.
- Forgiveness is the key to this chakra, Forgive yourself…
Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra (Yellow)
- Located a couple of inches above the navel. It deals with Will Power (our ability to be confident and in control of our lives) and is blocked by shame, anger, frustrations or lack of direction.
- Your ambitions, creativity and sensitivity lies within this chakra.
- What are you ashamed of? What are your disappointments and letdown?
- As humans, you are imperfect. Learn to LOVE every aspect of who you are including your weaknesses.
- Acceptance is the key to this chakra, Accept yourself wholeheartedly…
Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra (Green)
- Located in the heart. It deals with love and is blocked by grief, anger, betrayal, fear, envy and hate.
- This chakra is in the center which connects the lower and upper chakras.
- What are you grieving, hurt, angry or sad over?
- WHY are you grieving, hurt, angry of sad over those things?
- Life is a form of energy (which is eternal), what seem to be a loss will/can be reborn into something new.
- Happiness, Joy, Inner Peace, Love…all of these things can be created/renewed in many ways.
- Empathy and Compassion create openness to others and yourself
- Always remember that Love conquers all!
- Openness is the key to this chakra, Give love and it’ll come back to you (including loving yourself).
Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra (Blue)
- Located in the throat. It deals with truth and is blocked by lies, mainly the ones we tell ourselves.
- Are you having a hard time expressing yourself? Are you in denial about anything?
- Be your true authentic self, you cannot run from the truth of what/who you are
- Speak when you need to, listen when you should, express yourself, have faith in who you are and will yourself to understand
- Communication is the key to this chakra, freely express yourself truthfully to others and yourself.
Sixth Chakra: Third Eye Chakra (Indigo aka Purple)
- Located in the center of the forehead. It deals with intuition, inner visions, wisdom and is blocked by illusions, depressions, lack of foresight.
- This is your spiritual chakra, the center of intuition which means “beyond wisdom”. Think of it as the sixth sense.
- The Third Eye leads you to inner knowledge that becomes your guidance in life. Always trust your intuition.
- However, the greatest illusion in life is the illusion of Separation
- Although now everything in the world is divided, we are still all one.
- Race, Sexuality, Religion, Classism, The Level of Institutional Education, and plus more are the things that divides us among each other
- We are supposed to be moving in Harmony and harmony means oneness…Everything is connected.
- Destroy all illusions in your mind in order to see and understand clearly and make wiser decisions.
- Awareness is the key to this chakra, open your mind and raise your level of awareness.
Seventh Chakra: Crown Chakra (Violet)
- Located at the crown of the head. It deals with pure cosmic energy (connection to God/Universe/whatever you call it, it’s all the same) and is blocked by earthly attachments.
- The connection to divine enlightenment and all that is. The inner and outer beauty of our higher selves.
- What have you grown attached to that control your thoughts and emotions?
- Opening this chakra allows you to have complete control over your thoughts and actions
- But Earthly attachments prevent you from having this kind of control over yourself because you put forth more energy and focus towards it.
- Earthly attachments can be materialistic possessions, people, places, etc…
- Detachment is the key to this chakra, detach yourself from earthly things in order to free yourself.
So there ya have it!
All seven chakras have been broken down in order for you know if your chakra is open or closed. As well as some insight on how to deal with particular closed chakras. Please do further research and/or ask questions if you would like to know more.
Are your chakras aligned or do you have some work to do in order to balance yourself?
If you are interested, you can increase your vibrations (energy/frequency) by:
- Changing your eating habits into an alkaline diet (basically means cutting out meats, processed foods and eating more fruits and vegetables)
- Being more active
- Surrounding yourself with people vibrating on higher frequencies
- Doing things that brings the best out of you
- And many more, an article on understanding your lower and higher vibrations is coming soon…
Until next time,